Want to buy the best SUV? Here’s what you need to know
While SUVs were made with the intention of being a light truck, they came to be used as a family vehicle. These sports utility vehicles first rose to prominence by the end of the 1990s until their popularity declined in the light of soaring oil prices and crashing economies. However, according to the current automotive industry trends SUVs are the highest selling vehicles that have even surpassed the sales of traditional cars all across the world. Lately, people who wish to buy a new car are swiftly switching to some of the best SUV the market has to offer despite the rising gas prices. The reason for such a shift of preference can allude to the power, maximized space, and smoothness the best SUV offers. Whether you have a small family or a bigger one, SUVs come in a variety of categories and are your best bet for all that you are looking for.
Here are some things that you must know about the best SUVs.
What are the types of SUVs available in the markets?
- Subcompact SUVs are the best for a family of four as these can house five full-size adults and still have enough space to maneuver.
- Compact SUVs are the best in terms of overall performance. These also come in luxury compact SUV variants as well.
- Midsize two-row SUV is a high performing, fuel efficient, five-seater vehicle. This category has a luxury variant that is loaded with amazing features.
- Midsize three-row SUV is a spacious vehicle that can easily accommodate a maximum of 7 people in all the three rows.
- Full size has a sturdy and powerful engine and a seating capacity of eight passengers.
- Off-road SUVs are made for all kinds of terrains and tracks and have many convertible features.
Which is the best SUV for a small family?
- For a small family, you can either go for the subcompact SUVs or compact SUVs that offer a seating space of 4-5 people.
- In the subcompact category, you can opt for Honda HR-V, Mazda CX-3, and Subaru Crosstrek, to name a few.
- Honda CR-V, Mazda CX-5, Ford Escape, and Subaru Forester are the best SUVs among the compact SUVs.
What are the things that you must consider before buying an SUV?
- It is important that you establish a budget and research for the best SUVs that come within it. It is also important that you stick to your budget and not get influenced by all the swanky features that may cost you a fortune.
- Ensure that you have an idea of the kind of SUV you are looking for. Determine your needs and then decide. The best SUV is usually the one that can satisfy your needs most suitably.
- Ensure that you get insurance quotes once you decide on your desired SUV.
- Arrange for financing options
- Stay informed about the rebates, lease specials, and finance deals.
- Negotiate a purchase
What are the factors that you must look out for in the best SUV?
- Fuel economy
- Ease of use
How much do SUVs cost?
- The price of SUVs depends on the category of SUV you wish to buy.
- The cost may also depend on the class and model that you choose.
- Insurance quotes may affect the price.
- A luxury compact SUV may cost more than a basic mid-size three row.
- The best SUVs are priced between a range of $21000-$142,395
What are the best SUVs to buy in 2017?
- Mazda CX-5
- Honda CR-V
- Mercedes-Benz GLS-class
- Porsche Cayenne
- Audi Q7
- Porsche Macan
When is the best time to buy SUVs?
- Chances of saving money increase if you decide to make your purchase at the end of the month.
- When new models are about to be launched
- At the end of the year, your chances of getting attractive deals on SUVs are more.
- During rebates
- During Black Friday, many dealers come up with special deals that can benefit you.