Factors to consider before choosing the right smartphone
It is difficult to pick the best smartphone when the market is filled with a variety of choices to choose from. From Apple to Samsung phones, all seem to be great. So how do you decide on the right one for you? Well, it is always easier to make a choice if you know what you are looking for, even in smartphones. With all the smartphones have amazing features, choosing the best can be quite a task. Given below are some factors that might make it easier for you to choose the best smartphones.
What are you looking for in a smartphone?
- You need to figure out what type of smartphone are you looking for while buying a smartphone.
- Know whether you want a phone that has a big screen like most Samsung phones or you want the ones with a small screen like the old Apple phones like iPhone 5s.
- Know your needs, do you want a phone that has the best camera, or you want the one in which handle all your business work at its best.
- What you need will determine everything else while choosing a smartphone, your needs will help you to filter your choices more easily.
Which is the best operating system?
- When it comes to choosing an operating system, a user has to choose from Android, iOS, Blackberry, and Windows phone.
- While iPhones complement intuitively simple operation along with their sleek design, Android provides a wide choice of smartphone from Samsung phones to Google phones to HTC, LG, and many more.
- Blackberry was once upon a time a premier player in the smartphone market; however, it has currently become a marginal player. The company does continue releasing new smartphones in the market mainly with an Android operating system instead of its own.
- Even Windows, similar to Blackberry, is a marginal player in the market. They are pretty straightforward to use and provide a flexible access to most functions.
What processor to look for while choosing a smartphone?
- While purchasing a new smartphone, at least a dual-core processor is recommended.
- Dual-core processors have a longer shelf life than a smartphone that has a single-core processor.
- Operating systems like Blackberry don’t usually offer dual-core processors; however, Android phones like HTC, LG, Samsung phones, etc. offer dual-core processors. This feature is also made available in their affordable models.
What screen size to choose while buying a smartphone?
- Getting a right screen size smartphone is important as you are going to use it quite frequently.
- Usually, a phone below 5.5 inches is easy to use with only one hand and also comfortable to handle if you have small hands.
- However, if you like to watch a lot of videos or play games, getting a bigger screen might be a better option for you.
- Manufacturers are making big screen phones these days which also happen to comfortably fit in one hand because of the larger 18:9 aspect ratios. Samsung phones like the 5.8-inch Galaxy S8 offers this type of screen.
What is the minimum storage to look for while buying a smartphone?
- Even though budget phones with a 16GB storage are available, they’re usually a rip-off.
- A minimum of 32GB storage smartphone is usually recommended even for the basic use like playing a few games and storing few photos and videos.
- 64GB turns out to be the new standard flagship for smartphones like Samsung phones and iPhones as well.
- However, there are some Android phones that offer a microSD card slot which acts as an external storage and is great for expanding the existing storage.
Around what price range will you find the perfect smartphone that you are looking for?
- There are smartphones available at all price ranges from below $300 to above $700 and all in between as well.
- It totally depends on what types of features you are looking for in your smartphones and if you are interested in buying premier smartphones like iPhone 8 by Apple or Note 8 by Samsung phones, then your budget will range from around $700 to $1000.
- However, if you are looking for smartphones that are around and even below $500, you will find a huge range of great cheap unlocked phones to choose from.
- You can also find some solid choices to choose from which are even less than $300.