6 frequently asked questions about fashion for women over 60
When it comes to fashion, age is just a number and attitude is everything! However, this is easier said than done, especially for older women who are over 60. Usually, female consumers in their sixties might find the clothing options to be limited. But this is gradually changing as several brands are identifying this gap. Before you start discarding your old clothes and start shopping for a brand-new wardrobe, here are some key things you must be aware of as a fashionista in your sixties.
How should women over 60 choose their dresses?
One of the common misconceptions about women in their 60s is that they are no longer interested in dressing up so often. Therefore, older women end up having uncreative choices such as mom jeans, frumpy formal wear, or dull cardigans. But there is no need to worry as these issues can be instantly addressed. If you are a woman over 60, here are some fashion tips that can help you select the best clothing options.
- Be proud of your age – Often older females can make the mistake of trying fashion trends which are more suitable for the younger generation. Over-the-top apparels and styling can defeat the purpose of looking attractive and feeling comfortable. Therefore, you must embrace your age and explore trends that communicate confidence and elegance.
- Get inspired – Currently, one of the best aspects of being a woman over 60 is that there are many style icons to look up to. So, if you are confused but want to reinvent your wardrobe, some celebrity inspiration can come in handy.
- Pick sharp and sophisticated looks – Like mentioned earlier, eccentric fashion trends can backfire for women over 60. So, go for clothing which is sophisticated and fuss free. For instance, if you are attending formal occasions, pick dresses that have solid colors and that fit well. Similarly, if you are choosing prints, balance it with plain colors so that you appear classy.
What are some must-have wardrobe items for a woman over 60?
- Jeans – A slim-fit pair of jeans, preferably black or dark blue.
- Pencil skirts – Go for plain colors instead of textured or floral patterns.
- Dresses – Wrap and sheath dresses must surely go on your shopping list. You can use these for both casual and formal occasions.
- Cardigans – If coupled smartly with your outfit, cardigans can be a fantastic addition to your closet. Just ensure that they fit your body perfectly.
- Tunics – A tunic can be a lifesaver when you don’t have the best dress for a formal occasion or otherwise. Just fix it with a straight fit trouser, and you are ready to go.
Which are top designer labels that offer dresses for women over 60?
If you are looking for high-end fashion brands, then here are some popular designers who offer incredible dresses for women over 60.
- Eley Kishimoto
- Vivienne Westwood
- Old Ladies’ Rebellion
- Yves Saint Laurent
- Diane von Furstenberg.
Which brands offer affordable dresses for women over 60?
If you are looking for regular and affordable wear, here are some the brands that you can experiment with.
- Eileen Fisher
- Dana Buchman
- Lord & Taylor
- Ann Taylor.
Are tailored dresses a smart choice?
In cases where you can’t find the best dresses for women over 60, you can then choose to get some outfits tailored. Here are some of the advantages of tailored dresses.
- You get to pick the fabric and colors.
- There will be more focus on your personal style, which makes your dressing experience unique.
- Tailored dresses will fit you better.
- Additionally, it is a cost-effective alternative.
Which fashion blogs should women over 60 keep an eye on?
Looking for some style hacks or inspiration, then here are some fashion blogs that you must check out. Not just for classy looks, these evergreen bloggers can motivate you to make some unconventional choices most strikingly.
- Senior Style Blog
- Not Dead Yet Style
- Sarah Jane Adams
- Accidental Icon by Lyn Slater.